Prep Time: 15 minutes
2 ounces bean thread noodles
100g dried Chinese black mushrooms or dried Shiitake mushrooms
200g mung bean sprouts
1/3 pound shelled shrimp, deveined and finely chopped
1/3 pound lean ground pork
1 large egg
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 cups oil for deep-frying, or as needed
Rice paper wrappers (round shaped)
- Soak the bean thread noodles in warm water
to soften. Drain thoroughly.
- Reconstitute the dried mushrooms by soaking
them in warm water until softened and slice it.
- Peel and shred the carrot.
- Peel and Shred the onion.
- Rinse and drain the mung bean sprouts.
- Combine all the filling ingredients and
season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a wok to
between 350 to 375 degrees. Make sure there is enough oil to completely
submerge the rolls.
- Soften the rice paper wrappers by submerging
them very briefly in warm water and Immediately remove the wrapper
from the water.
- Let it dry, then add the filling ingredients.
Fold the left and right sides of the wrapper over the filling, and
then roll it up
- Deep-fry the rolls until they are golden
brown. Drain the rolls on a tempura rack or on paper towels.